All lectures, papers and other materials from this year ESUG and IWST are now available on the site esug.org: esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2016.
On 24th August, 2016 Robert Pergl with Peter Uhnák presented article about our open modelling platform OpenPonk, formerly known as DynaCASE, on this year’s conference ESUG (European Smalltalk User Group), which is held here in Prague at CTU, within IWST (International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies) block. Even if you coudn’t attend the conference or just our presentation, you can take a look here.
We warmly invite you to this year’s conference of the European Smalltalk Users’ Group, which this year we host directly at the CTU in Prague. The event will take place soon, namely August 22nd to 26th, so do not hesitate to registrate. It is also a great opportunity for students, you can register as volunteers with the comment “local student volunteer.”
For more information about the event (including registration) visit the ESUG website.
We look forward to seeing you at ESUG’16!
Formetis Consultants, our Dutch industrial partner and sponsor invited our students working on enterprise engineering topics into their headquarters in Boxtel, The Netherlands. We presented our work, got valuable feedback and support from the CEO Steven van Kervel. Prof. Jan Dietz also came to see our progress. The involved topics were:
- The CIAO! App – a diploma thesis of Bc. Roman Lánský focused on designing a simple messaging and task management application based on the PSI theory and implementing a prototype.
- Transformation of DEMO models into BPMN – a diploma thesis of Bc. Ondřej Mráz, which continues the work of Štěpán Heller, MSc.: an effort to bring the DEMO rigour into the BPMN world and vice versa: providing an intuitive visualisation of DEMO transactions.
- Ongoing work on the Action Model in Formetis DEMO Engine done by Bc. Marek Skotnica as his diploma thesis.
- Bc. Peter Uhnák presented our DynaCASE project and we discussed the synergies with the DEMO Engine.
We also had a very nice social event with great Belgium beer! :-). Thank you, Formetis, for your kind support and hospitality!
We were present at this year’s European Smalltalk Users’ Group flagship event, which was held in Brescia, Italy. Although the weather was very hot, the conference was COOL! So many big things running in Smalltalk! Iceland’s mobile network, processors manufacturing and, of course, many business systems. Pharo really rocks, Pharo 5 is under massive development, cool stuff planned. Amazing things — you definitely need to check the GT Tools! More things retweeted on @RobertPergl.
Our DynaCASE project was present by its main programmers — Peter Uhnák and Honza Blizničenko — and got a lot of attention from the community. Michal Balda presented his Querier — a new database query system for Pharo inspired by NotORM.
Sad that you missed it? Do not dispair! ESUG 2016 will be in Prague, organised by FIT & CCMi ;-).
EEWC 2015 (Enterprise Engineering Working Conference) was held for the fifth time, this time right in the very heart of Europe, Prague. Conference organized by the CCMi took place from June 15 to 19, bringing together the Enterprise Engineering experts from around the world. More about the conference you will learn on this year’s conference and CIAO! network web pages.
EOMAS workshop organized by the CCMi was held within multiconference CAiSE’15. The event was held from 8 to 9 June 2015 in Stockholm, Sweden. It was the 11th international workshop dealing with the role, importance, and application of modeling and simulation within the extended organizational and enterprise context.
EOMAS is aimed to become a major outlet and networking opportunity for researchers, practitioners, and educators interested in the development and application of modeling and simulation. For more information about EOMAS visit ccmi.fit.cvut.cz/eomas/.
Among the organizers of the workshop EOMAS are members of CCMi:
- Robert Pergl (General Chair),
- Joseph Barjis (General Chair),
- Vojtěch Merunka (Program Co-Chair),
- Martin Molhanec (Program Co-Chair) a
- Petr Kroha (International Program Committee Member).
27th Annual International Conference CAiSE’15 (Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering), held also in Stockholm, attended by nearly 300 scientists, educators and other people dealing with advanced information systems engineering. More information about the conference (including proceedings) are at caise2015.dsv.su.se.
You can read our four articles in the spring issue of the faculty magazine Buď FIT:
- The fifth annual conference Enterprise Engineering Working Conference in Prague (pages 4–5)
Author: Ing. Robert Pergl, Ph.D.
- CASE/CABE tool of a new generation is being created at our faculty (page 6)
Author: Ing. Robert Pergl, Ph.D.
- Cooperation with Codiscent on projective technologies (page 7)
Authors: Ing. Robert Pergl, Ph.D. and Mgr. Ondřej Dvořák
- IT and Enterprise Engineering (pages 19–21)
Authors: Ing. Robert Pergl, Ph.D. and Ing. Pavel Krejčí
You have a unique opportunity to meet real living legends for FREE!