Formetis Consultants, our Dutch industrial partner and sponsor invited our students working on enterprise engineering topics into their headquarters in Boxtel, The Netherlands. We presented our work, got valuable feedback and support from the CEO Steven van Kervel. Prof. Jan Dietz also came to see our progress. The involved topics were:
- The CIAO! App – a diploma thesis of Bc. Roman Lánský focused on designing a simple messaging and task management application based on the PSI theory and implementing a prototype.
- Transformation of DEMO models into BPMN – a diploma thesis of Bc. Ondřej Mráz, which continues the work of Štěpán Heller, MSc.: an effort to bring the DEMO rigour into the BPMN world and vice versa: providing an intuitive visualisation of DEMO transactions.
- Ongoing work on the Action Model in Formetis DEMO Engine done by Bc. Marek Skotnica as his diploma thesis.
- Bc. Peter Uhnák presented our DynaCASE project and we discussed the synergies with the DEMO Engine.
We also had a very nice social event with great Belgium beer! :-). Thank you, Formetis, for your kind support and hospitality!
Interested? Check the offered topics and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read our four articles in the spring issue of the faculty magazine Buď FIT:
More at magazine pages. (PDF)
Our cooperation with the University of Antwerp2 continues successfully – we managed to conclude an agreement providing mutual trips of teachers and students under the Erasmus program.
We are delighted to invite you to a unique lecture by Steven van Kerveli from holland firm ForMetis, held Feb 17 within informatics evenings FIT. During the lecture you understand what the engineering approach in building businesses and that even in this area it is possible to build a proper formal foundations. You’ll see how to build information systems for EE. More about the lecture.
CCM shares with ForMetis enthusiasm for innovation in Enterprise Engineering and IT technology based on the methodology DEMO. At present, we are running those joint projects:
- Marek Skotnica – bachelor thesis focused on the implementation of the Action Model to DEMO Engine developed ForMetis.
- Finalizing education-simulation portal https://www.demoworld.nl (CCM participates in beta testing).
- From next week we start a project focusing on the application DEMO in Governance, Risk & Compliance.
Czech ACM Chapter & Slovakia ACM Chapter Student Project of the Year (ACM SPY) is a comptition for the best thesis in computer science and information technology. Susan received this prestigious award for his excellent work “Business Process Modeling and Simulation: DEMO, BORM and BPMN“, which contributed significantly to the topics which the CCM deals.
In addition to this award Zuzana succeeded well in the competition “ICT dissertation in 2013”, where her work placed on amazing 3rd place in tough competition.
Congratulations, thank you and wish you continued success!
Robert Pergl achieved a DEMO Master Certificate. This the highest DEMO degree issued by Enterprise Engineering Institute. It also authorises the holder to teach accredited DEMO Courses.