Centre for Conceptual Modelling is a Centre of Excellence at Faculty of Information Technologies (FIT) of Czech Technical University in Prague. The core of the group is formed by the Department of Software Engineering, however we cooperate tightly with the rest of the University, mostly with the Faculty of Electrical Engineering (FEL). We cooperate with several partners.
To be a top partner for research and industry in the area of conceptual modelling — see the homepage for the main idea, why we are enthusiastic about conceptual modelling. Because this area of expertise is not publicly well-known yet, our vision is also to contribute to a broad understanding of importance of conceptual modelling.
We are interested in methodologies and tools for modelling complex realities (domains) at the conceptual level. We are interested in methodologies that:
- Are based on strong formalism.
- Have a high expressive power.
- Are practical for business use.
- Have a high potential to create a business leverage when used properly.
We are also interested in models transformations, especially into software implementations, which are a strongpoint of the Faculty. We focus on conceptually-oriented programming languages.
You may enjoy watching Bret Victor’s fascinating lecture Inventing on Principle. We are highly aligned to his understanding how excellence at innovation works.
The Core Team (in Alphabetical Order)
Honorary Members (in Alphabetical Order)
|Prof. Joseph Barjis|
|Prof. Ing. Jan Dohnal, CSc.|
|Doc. Ing. Vojtěch Merunka, Ph.D.|
Students (in Alphabetical Order)
- Lukáš Komárek (FIT CTU)
- Roman Lánský
- Bc. David Šenkýř (FIT CTU)
- Alžběta Zyková (FIT CTU): BORM orchestration implementation
- Dr. Giancarlo Guizzardi and members of Ontology & Conceptual Modeling Research Group (NEMO), Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo, Brazil
Alumni (in Alphabetical Order)
- Ing. Michal Balda (FIT CTU): Pharo programming
- Ing. Dan Homola (FIT CTU): OntoUML
- Ing. Oskar Maxa (MFF UK): tools development
- Ing. Josef Moravec
- Process modelling expert
- Researcher at Faculty of Information Technology
- Ing. Rostislav Novák
- Ing. Jan Turoň (FIT CTU): process modelling, BORM, BPMN, DEMO, DynaCASE programmer
- Ing. Matúš Vološin
- Ing. Adam Žďára (FIT CTU): DEMO models visualisation